DNP 805 Topic 1 Individual Success Plan (ISP)
We do the ISP for all classes from NRS 493 to NUR 474 to all the DNP ISPs. So, kindly do not be afraid to order for it whatever your level. Thank you.
The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment in this course necessitates early collaboration with the course faculty to develop a strategy for successful completion of mutually identified and agreed-upon specific deliverables for your programmatic requirements. Programmatic requirements include: (1) completing the required practice immersion hours, (2) completing work related to program competencies, and (3) completing work related to your Direct Practice Improvement Project.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment as it pertains to deliverables due in this course:
- Locate and download the Individual Success Plan (ISP) document in the DNP Program Documents folder in the DNP Program Materials section of the DC Network.
- Review the DNP Program Milestones document in the DC Network and identify which milestones apply to this course. Note: Not all courses have milestones.
- Determine what practice experiences you plan to seek in order to address each competency. Include how many hours you plan to set aside to meet your goals. Learners will apply concepts from each of their core courses to reflect upon, critically examine, and improve current practice, and are required to integrate scholarly readings to develop case reports that demonstrate increasingly complex and proficient practice.
- Use the ISP to develop a personal plan for completing your practice hours and how competencies will be met. Show all of the major milestones and deliverables.
Within the ISP, ensure you identify specific deliverables which can include the following: Individualized DNP practice immersion contracts; comprehensive clinical log of hours applied to doctoral level learning outcomes; learner evaluations; mentor evaluations; current and updated CV; scholarly activities; GCU DNP competency self-assessment; reflective journal; course goals and plan for how competencies and practice immersion hours will be met; faculty and mentor approvals of course goals and documented practice immersion hours; and DPI project milestones.
- Identify the specific deliverables you will complete throughout this course from those defined above or others negotiated with your faculty. You must turn in a new ISP in each course.
- Identify the remaining deliverables you will complete in the upcoming courses.
- Identify the challenges you expect to encounter as you continue the practice hour and competency requirements throughout this course? How might you overcome these challenges?
- You can renegotiate these deliverables with your faculty throughout this course and update your ISP accordingly.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Complete the Contact Information table at the beginning of the ISP document and type in your signature and the date on which you completed the table.
Read the information in the ISP document including the following:
- Learner Expectations
- Derivation of the ISP
- Instructions for completing the ISP
Follow the instructions and complete the ISP.
DNP 805 Full Course Discussions
DNP 805 Topic 1 Discussion 1
Select a specific health care technology-related regulation, law, statute, or ethical standard that applies to informatics. Provide a summary of your example and a statement describing your reasoning either in support of the example you select, or in opposition to it.
DNP 805 Topic 1 Discussion 2
Select one informatics theory from the areas of Communication Theories, Change Theories, or Human Factors. Discuss how the application of the theory you select can guide the use of technology in advanced practice. What strengths does the theory possess that would make it useful to the DNP-prepared nurse? What weaknesses does the theory present that might prevent its use?
DNP 805 Topic 2 Discussion 1
Discuss the usefulness of the electronic health record (EHR) and its impact on patient safety and quality outcomes. Describe strengths and limitations that might apply to its usage.
DNP 805 Topic 2 Discussion 2
You are now a DNP-prepared nurse in a new leadership position in clinical practice. Analyze your new practice workflow to incorporate seeing patients and in regards to communication with the health care team and the infusion of the EHR into your practice. What elements do you need to consider if this position is in a magnet acute-care hospital in a busy metropolitan area? How might your practice change if the setting was a rural regional clinic system?
DNP 805 Topic 3 Discussion 1
Describe how CPOE and CDSS embedded in the EHR can be useful towards a specific patient population of your choice. Identify one element of either the CPOE or CDSS you would improve that could enhance the effectiveness of the system for that patient population.
DNP 805 Topic 3 Discussion 2
Select a particular medication or clinical problem. Describe how the CPOE and/or CDSS technologies support care decisions in this area.
DNP 805 Topic 4 Discussion 1
Select a defined patient population and list elements that you think will be valuable in a database. What elements are required and why? What elements are optional and why?
DNP 805 Topic 4 Discussion 2
In the prior discussion question in this topic, you selected a defined patient population and listed elements that you think will be valuable in a database. Of those elements you identified to be valuable in a database, which are structured and unstructured? Explain.
DNP 805 Topic 5 Discussion 1
Select a specific clinical problem and post a clinical question that could potentially be answered using data mining. Identify data mining techniques you would apply to this challenge, and provide your rationale. Are there any specific data mining techniques you would not use? Support your decision.
DNP 805 Topic 5 Discussion 2
Using the clinical question you identified from above, determine the individual components to that question and pinpoint the location in the hypothetical database where the information you require will be extracted.
DNP 805 Topic 6 Discussion 1
A patient of your choice is being discharged to home and will use telehealth technology. Post the technology your patient will use at home and how will you connect with the patient using this technology.
DNP 805 Topic 6 Discussion 2
Consider current telehealth strategies and alternatives. Evaluate current implementation strategies for telehealth systems and provide an assessment of the pros and cons. Identify a particular practice area (e.g., clinic, hospital, primary care site) and discuss how you as a health care leader might you implement a similar strategy in that area?
DNP 805 Topic 7 Discussion 1
Describe one technology that you use on a daily basis that you thoroughly like or appreciate. What features or elements does that technology provide to you that make it easy, enjoyable, or necessary to use? Name one element of the technology you would change to improve its functionality for your needs?
DNP 805 Topic 7 Discussion 2
Describe one technology that you use on a daily basis that you dislike or that is dissatisfying in some manner. What features or elements of that technology make it difficult, frustrating, or not enjoyable to use? Name one element of the technology you would change to improve its functionality for your needs?
DNP 805 Topic 8 Discussion 1
For a specific patient population, select one application or a technology that could effectively increase patient engagement and patient outcomes for your future practice area or work focus. What elements of this application or technology are the most valuable to you? How could you improve this technology?
DNP 805 Topic 8 Discussion 2
Describe how you can apply the spectrum of health care technology options to develop a plan to manage your patient from acute care to home care and then into the community. What organizational, societal, cultural, or other factors might impact your plan, and how could you address these?
DNP 805 Topic 2 Emerging Technologies
From the electronic health record (EHR) to nanotechnology to 3-D printers and beyond, there are an increasing number of useful and innovative technologies being used in health care settings that have an important role in linking and organizing care and information. For this assignment, you will create a slide presentation to present to administrators and nurses providing direct patient care.