HLT 306V Topic 2 DQ 1
Sister Mary is a patient in Level 2 Emergency Department. She must have a neural examination, physical assessment, radiographs of her facial bones, and a computed tomography scan of the head. Taking into consideration that she is a Roman Catholic nun, what would be the ideal course of patient education as this woman progresses from department to department?
Having a deep awareness of how religious beliefs affect the health decisions of patients is one of the critical requirements of cultural sensitivity. For example, religion influences attitudes toward modesty and the choice of a healthcare provider to do a physical examination (Henderson et al., 2018). As Sister Mary navigates through the departments from one procedure to another, it is essential to talk with the patient and establish their beliefs and preferences. For example, a physical examination may require Sister Mary to remove part of her clothing, which might make her comfortable. As such, it would be appropriate to let her choose whether she needs a female practitioner to do the physical examination. Additionally, patient education will also focus on explaining to Sister Mary what the assessments involve and the ones that might make her feel uncomfortable. While explaining these, it would be essential to gather the patient’s view on such procedures that might cause intrusion of her privacy (Falvo, 2011). Sister Mary should also be encouraged to ask questions and notify the healthcare provider whenever they may feel uncomfortable during the physical examination and other procedures.
Patient education should also evaluate any religious restrictions by the Roman Catholic that might not align with the principles of assessments. In such cases, the patient would be encouraged to state her needs and preferences, and these should be charted so that professionals from other departments are aware of the patient’s unique needs and religious convictions. The procedures should be tailored to meet the needs of Sister Mary so she can have a positive experience moving from one department to another (Swihart, 2021). Other aspects that are important for the patient education approach are showing respect, compassion, and empathy. Respecting the patient’s religious beliefs even if they do not align with personal beliefs is important in promoting culturally sensitive care. The providers should also express empathy and compassion so that Sister Mary knows that the health professionals understand what she is going through, which gives hope and resilience.
Struggling to Meet Your Deadline?
Get your assignment on HLT 306V Topic 2 DQ 1 done on time by medical experts. Don’t wait – ORDER NOW!
University Policy: All assignments are due before midnight Arizona time on the due dates indicated. Assignments posted after the indicated due dates will be subject to a deduction of 10% of the available points for each day late. No assignment can be accepted for grading after midnight on the final day of class. Technical issues are not valid excuses for late work unless the problem stems from THE UNIVERSITY servers.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the assignment is a “final submit.”
- All assignments in this course will need to be handed in as only 1 (one) file. The system will pull the assignment last assignment posted to the drop box for grading. If you have multiple files, only the last one uploaded will be graded.
- Only assignments submitted to the drop box will be graded. No grading will be provided to students who opt to email professor assignment without submitting to drop box. Please ensure you have allowed yourself enough time prior to the midnight deadline to upload to the drop box as the time stamp from the upload is the time it was submitted.
- For the PowerPoint presentations, please ensure you are using a basic background as to the size of some of the designer backgrounds which then create problems with the upload to Halo. This assignment must be turned in as a PowerPoint and processed through LopesWrite. Any other form of submission will not be graded and student will receive zero credit.
- PowerPoint presentations MUST be submitted to LopesWrite. Links to presentations will not be graded as they are not able to be submitted for similarity assessments.
- As a student you have the ability to review LopesWrite prior to your final submission. Please reach out to tech services if you are unsure of this process.
- When the APA Checklist is required to be placed in submission per formatting guidelines of the APA Manual 7th edition, it is expected the appendix in the submission will significantly increase LopesWrite score.
- Word count according to rubric is only words in the body of the submission. It does not include cover page, running head, references any required appendices.
- All references in course are required to have a date and be within the past 5 years unless it is a primary sources such as the original theory written.
Grading of Assignment Submissions: At the university, Faculty is allowed a 7-day period for grading of assignments. If you have not received a grade in that time, please let me know in the event there was a problem with the grade upload to Halo.
Don’t wait until the last minute
Fill in your requirements and let our experts deliver your work asap.