writing style assignment
writing style assignment
Before completing this assignment, be sure to view the APA tutorial website provided in the Module/Week 1 Reading & Study folder and to use your APA manual as suggested while viewing the various slides. Your assignment must be a minimum of 2 pages of content not including the title page and the reference page. You may use more than the specified number of pages and have more than 1 reference; these are the minimums.
Struggling to Meet Your Deadline?
Get your assignment on writing style assignment done on time by medical experts. Don’t wait – ORDER NOW!
Part 1 – Create a title page.
1. Based on the information in your current APA manual and in the APA tutorial, create a title page using APA style and include all the appropriate content for a title page.
2. Use the following as your title: “Lessons learned about writing style”. However, put the title into proper APA style. The way the title is listed above is deliberately not in proper APA style because part of this assignment is for you to learn and use proper APA style.
Note: In addition to all the appropriate information for a title page, be sure that you include the author note on this title page. Use your own information as the author. You will see information about the author note in Chapter 2 of your blue APA manual. Your title page will include the running head, page number, your name, the name of your paper, the institution name. See your APA manual for details.
3. Save this file so that you do not lose it. You will add additional pages later. Save it as a .docx or .doc document.
Part 2 – Answer these questions and create a properly formatted document with appropriate headings in APA style.
1. Create another page and answers from below. Label this page with a level 2 heading called “questions and answers” using proper APA style for a Level 2 heading. The way that phrase is listed in the previous sentence is not correct APA style for a Level 2 heading, so you will need to edit the heading. This editing is part of the assignment.
2. Use the information in your current APA manual and the APA online tutorial for the next portion of your assignment. The main purpose of this assignment is for you to become familiar with your APA manual, how to use the manual, and what kind of information is in it. As such, all of the answers can be found in your current APA manual and/or the APA online tutorial. Answer the following questions by first writing the question and then your answer. Be sure to number your questions so that it is clear which question you are answering. Use complete sentences, proper grammar, and punctuation.
1. If someone wanted to know where to find the official criteria for proper APA style, what source would be used? (Write out the complete title of this official source.)
2. How many levels of headings are identified in APA style? What would be the proper style for each of those headings? (i.e., describe how each of those headings would be formatted.) What is the purpose for using different levels of headings?
3. What do the initials “DOI” represent? What is it, and why is it important?
The remaining questions can be found using the Liberty University Online Library.
4. What is the web address for the off-campus access EZ Proxy login? (For this question, simply copy and paste the web address from your browser. The point of this assignment is to be sure that you can find EZ Proxy.)
5. What kinds of resources can you access through the Liberty University Online Library?
6. What is ILLIAD? Identify what the acronym means and explain reasons for which you would use this resource.
Part 3 – Create a page for your references.
1. Create a page for the reference you listed in the first question in this assignment. List that source as a reference. As a reminder, it is the question, “If someone wanted to know where to find the official criteria for proper APA style, what source would be used?
2. Use proper APA style headings, page numbers, margins, indentations, etc., for current APA style. You must have at least 1 source listed as a reference.
Part 4 – Combine all the above parts of the assignment into 1 document.
1. The last thing to do with this assignment is to combine it into 1 document. Start with the document you created for the title page, then include the next pages answering the questions, and then include the page for your reference.All the pages will now be in one document. Be sure that the running head and page numbers appear on all pages.Save all information under the filename: lastname_APAmodule1.
2. Submit this 1 completed document appropriately in Blackboard.
Submit the APA Assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 1.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.
Don’t wait until the last minute
Fill in your requirements and let our experts deliver your work asap.