NR 392 Quality Improvement in Nursing Week 7 Discussion
NR 392 Quality Improvement in Nursing Week 7 Discussion
Sustaining Quality After Improvement
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcome (CO).
CO1: Identify the role of the BSN nurse in the quality improvement process as a member of the collaborative interprofessional team. (POs 2 and 7)
Considering the nursing issue for your Course Project, address the following:
Struggling to Meet Your Deadline?
Get your assignment on NR 392 Quality Improvement in Nursing Week 7 Discussion done on time by medical experts. Don’t wait – ORDER NOW!
Provide a brief summary of your Course Project.
How could your plans sustain quality in your setting?
Plagiarism, LopesWrite & Most Common Formatting Errors
I am posting this as these are some of the most common assignment errors and concerns for plagiarism that have occurred throughout the past years of teaching at THE UNIVERSITY.
Currently THE UNIVERSITY uses the 7th edition of the APA Publication Manual. THE UNIVERSITY has APA resources in the Student Success Center as well as resources in the THE UNIVERSITY Library. The APA Publication Manual and the THE UNIVERSITY resources are the only supported references by the University. Purdue OWL is not a supported resource by the University. Please ensure you are submitting according to APA style when the assignment directions call for them. A title page is required for submissions which require APA style formatting. You may choose to follow APA guidelines for professional papers which includes a running head in anticipation for completion of your scholarly project (see formatting of title pages in Chapter 2 of the APA Manual). An Author Note is not required on the title page. Reference lists need to be double checked for accuracy prior to submission (as I will be checking links).
The following includes some of the most common mistakes:
Format: Going significantly over or under the assignment word count. Points are reduced for either going over or under this requirement, there may also be a separate section on the rubric based on the assignment for word count. Not following correct indentation of the paragraphs or headings. Writing in the first person rather than 3rd person when opinion is not required for the rubric or student has not performed the research being presented in the assignment.
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our Verified MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS: NR 392 Quality Improvement in Nursing Week 7 Discussion
Spelling: points are reduced for distracting mistakes
Supporting details: not including citations to support information/writing of a section. If the rubric states area needs supporting details, students are not including citations to support the details of their writing.
APA/References: This is the area most of point reductions occur:
Currently THE UNIVERSITY uses the 7th edition of the APA Publication Manual. THE UNIVERSITY has APA resources in the Student Success Center as well as resources in the THE UNIVERSITY Library. The APA Publication Manual and the THE UNIVERSITY resources are the only supported references by the University, Purdue OWL is not a supported resource by the University. Please ensure you are submitting according to APA style when the assignment directions call for them.
- Running Head: if you follow professional paper guidelines, ensure this is according to APA style. There are specifics regarding capitalization as well as number of characters allowed. (Section 2.8 & 2.18, APA, 2020).
- Title/Cover page: Ensure the required elements are present, these requirements have changed since the 6th edition. In placing a professor’s/faculty member’s name on the title page, ensure you have provided the accurate information (e.g., Dr. or Professor), (Section 2.3, APA, 2020). An Author Note is not required on the title page.
- Body of the text: this is the area most struggle on.
- A sample of a professional paper can be found starting on page 50 (APA, 2020)
- General writing rules of the English Language are to have at minimum 3 sentences in a paragraph. This writing rule will be used for grading of rubrics.
- APA writing is typically in the third person; me, myself, I, we and/or us, is all first person and should be used only where personal opinion is required per rubric.
- Abbreviation guidelines can be found in sections 6.24-6.31 (APA, 2020)
- Formatting of in-text citations (Sections 8.10-8.22, APA, 2020).
- Principles of paraphrasing (Section 8.23 & 8.24, APA, 2020).
- Students appear to be concerned about missing a citation. It is not APA format to cite the same author multiple times in a paragraph unless one of two things. 1. there is a new citation between or 2. if there is generalized information and then a direct quote – A sample of writing can be found in the Manual (Section 8.16, APA, 2020).
- Direct quotes need a page number, paragraph number, or section of original work. Principles of quotations can be found in the Manual (Sections 8.25-8.29, APA, 2020).
- Font, spacing and indentation are not consistent (Sections 2.19, 2.21 & 2.24 APA, 2020).
- It is not needed to restate the journal article titles or journal title in the body of the text as the citation will lead the reader to this information.
- Each and every piece of intellectual knowledge, which is not your own personal research, needs to be cited. If it is your personal observation, wording must be in the third person such as “this researcher has observed….” or something along that nature. If you are using someone’s intellectual property word for word without correct APA formatting, this is considered plagiarism – whether or not you have used a citation in the paragraph. The Manual discusses plagiarism and self-plagiarism (Sections 8.2 & 8.3, APA, 2020).
- Reference page most common concerns.
- Chapter 9 in the Manual is regarding the Reference List and Chapter 10 in the Manual is regarding Reference Examples (APA, 2020).
- Reference page is not on a new page, flush to top.
- Order of required elements is not correct.
- Not all required elements are found in the reference.
- Authors and year are not formatted according to APA.
- Capitalization in journal article titles are not according to APA.
- Formatting and capitalization of journal titles are not according to APA.
- Order of the references is not according to APA.
- Wikipedia references and the like are not considered scholarly work and will not be accepted as appropriate reference.
- All references in course are required to have a date and be within the past 5 years unless it is a primary sources such as the original theory written. The Manual discussed primary vs secondary sources (Section 8.6, APA, 2020).
I strongly encourage obtaining a copy of the APA manual, it will help you in your graduate studies going forward with appropriate references as per the Manual.
Lopes Write Policy
For assignments that need to be submitted to Lopes Write, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.
Important information for writing discussion questions and participation
Welcome to class
Hello class and welcome to the class and I will be your instructor for this course. This is a -week course and requires a lot of time commitment, organization, and a high level of dedication. Please use the class syllabus to guide you through all the assignments required for the course. I have also attached the classroom policies to this announcement to know your expectations for this course. Please review this document carefully and ask me any questions if you do. You could email me at any time or send me a message via the “message” icon in halo if you need to contact me. I check my email regularly, so you should get a response within 24 hours. If you have not heard from me within 24 hours and need to contact me urgently, please send a follow up text to
I strongly encourage that you do not wait until the very last minute to complete your assignments. Your assignments in weeks 4 and 5 require early planning as you would need to present a teaching plan and interview a community health provider. I advise you look at the requirements for these assignments at the beginning of the course and plan accordingly. I have posted the YouTube link that explains all the class assignments in detail. It is required that you watch this 32-minute video as the assignments from week 3 through 5 require that you follow the instructions to the letter to succeed. Failure to complete these assignments according to instructions might lead to a zero. After watching the video, please schedule a one-on-one with me to discuss your topic for your project by the second week of class. Use this link to schedule a 15-minute session. Please, call me at the time of your appointment on my number. Please note that I will NOT call you.
Please, be advised I do NOT accept any assignments by email. If you are having technical issues with uploading an assignment, contact the technical department and inform me of the issue. If you have any issues that would prevent you from getting your assignments to me by the deadline, please inform me to request a possible extension. Note that working fulltime or overtime is no excuse for late assignments. There is a 5%-point deduction for every day your assignment is late. This only applies to approved extensions. Late assignments will not be accepted.
If you think you would be needing accommodations due to any reasons, please contact the appropriate department to request accommodations.
Plagiarism is highly prohibited. Please ensure you are citing your sources correctly using APA 7th edition. All assignments including discussion posts should be formatted in APA with the appropriate spacing, font, margin, and indents. Any papers not well formatted would be returned back to you, hence, I advise you review APA formatting style. I have attached a sample paper in APA format and will also post sample discussion responses in subsequent announcements.
Your initial discussion post should be a minimum of 200 words and response posts should be a minimum of 150 words. Be advised that I grade based on quality and not necessarily the number of words you post. A minimum of TWO references should be used for your initial post. For your response post, you do not need references as personal experiences would count as response posts. If you however cite anything from the literature for your response post, it is required that you cite your reference. You should include a minimum of THREE references for papers in this course. Please note that references should be no more than 5 years old except recommended as a resource for the class. Furthermore, for each discussion board question, you need ONE initial substantive response and TWO substantive responses to either your classmates or your instructor for a total of THREE responses. There are TWO discussion questions each week, hence, you need a total minimum of SIX discussion posts for each week. I usually post a discussion question each week. You could also respond to these as it would count towards your required SIX discussion posts for the week.
I understand this is a lot of information to cover in 5 weeks, however, the Bible says in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. Even in times like this, we are encouraged by God’s word that we have that ability in us to succeed with His strength. I pray that each and every one of you receives strength for this course and life generally as we navigate through this pandemic that is shaking our world today. Relax and enjoy the course!
Please read through the following information on writing a Discussion question response and participation posts.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Important information on Writing a Discussion Question
- Your response needs to be a minimum of 150 words (not including your list of references)
- There needs to be at least TWO references with ONE being a peer reviewed professional journal article.
- Include in-text citations in your response
- Do not include quotes—instead summarize and paraphrase the information
- Follow APA-7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
Participation –replies to your classmates or instructor
- A minimum of 6 responses per week, on at least 3 days of the week.
- Each response needs at least ONE reference with citations—best if it is a peer reviewed journal article
- Each response needs to be at least 75 words in length (does not include your list of references)
- Responses need to be substantive by bringing information to the discussion or further enhance the discussion. Responses of “I agree” or “great post” does not count for the word count.
- Follow APA 7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
- Remember to use and follow APA-7th edition for all weekly assignments, discussion questions, and participation points.
- Here are some helpful links
- Student paper example
- Citing Sources
- The Writing Center is a great resource
Don’t wait until the last minute
Fill in your requirements and let our experts deliver your work asap.