Case Report Component Paper
In this assignment, learners are required to construct a reflective analysis incorporating a personal nursing philosophy which will directly relate to the case report assignment due in Topic 7. As such, learners are encouraged to review the case report assignment requirements in Topic 7 to ensure that the Reflective Analysis Case Report Component Paper will provide the foundational support necessary to complete the Topic 7 assignment successfully. The Reflective Analysis Case Report Component Paper may be written in first-person language as appropriate to express personal perspectives, but must otherwise adhere to the guidelines below.
Theory is a scientifically based set of ideas or principles that explain a phenomenon. In other words, a theory gives an understanding as to the why behind something. Theory building typically starts with a theorist reflecting on their observations, these observations are sometimes validated with what the literature says, then the information is classified into categories (Rivard, 2020). The next steps then involve analyzing the relationships to justify or evaluate the theory (Rivard, 2020). Theorists should then establish certainty by ensuring their theory can be repeated.
Nursing theories help define the scope of nursing practice. Historically, one event that occurred that had a significant impact on the development of a nursing theory is the development of professional nursing education programs. In 1873 there were three nursing education programs established and these led to the proliferation of other nursing schools throughout the United States (University of Pennsylvania, n.d.). The implementation of professional nurse education programs had a lasting impact on the nursing profession. These schools allowed students to gain clinical experience in hospitals therefore this led to a standard of hospital-based nursing education. As years have passed nurse education has transitioned from hospitals to universities.
According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing education significantly impacts the knowledge and competencies of nurses which supports better patient outcomes (AACN, 2022). The doctoral nurse has a responsibility to meet diverse patient needs and act as leaders in advancing nursing practice to ultimately benefit the patients we serve. Ongoing continuing education is important for the doctoral prepared nurse to advance their nursing practice. For an example, the doctoral nurse can use their education as a foundation to serve as a resource for implementing practice changes at the organizational level for things such as hospital acquired infections. Translating recent evidenced based research into practice promotes improved patient outcomes.
Struggling to Meet Your Deadline?
Get your assignment on Case Report Component Paper done on time by medical experts. Don’t wait – ORDER NOW!
AACN. (2022). News & information. American Association of Colleges of Nursing: The Voice of Academic Nursing. Retrieved July 6, 2022, from https://www.aacnnursing.org/news-information/fact-sheets/impact-of-education
Rivard, S. (2020). Theory building is neither an art nor a science. it is a craft. Journal of Information Technology, 36(3), 316–328. https://doi.org/10.1177/0268396220911938
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Compose a 1,000-1,250 word reflective analysis incorporating your personal philosophy of nursing including the following core elements:
- What is your central belief about the individual person?
- How does your personal worldview influence your approach to patients?
- What constitutes the environment?
- How do the individual and the environment interact?
- What is your view of health?
- How does illness relate to health?
- What is the central reason for the existence of nursing?
Portfolio Practice Hours:
It may be possible to earn Portfolio Practice hours for this assignment. Enter the following after the references section of your paper:
Practice Hours Completion Statement DNP-815
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) clock hours in association with the goals and objectives for this assignment. I have also tracked said practice hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure that all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice mentor.
Details:The Direct Practice Improvement (DPI) Project incorporates 10 key or strategic points that need to be clear, simple, correct, and aligned to ensure the project is doable, valuable, and credible. These points, which provide a guide or vision for the project, are present in almost any research. These 10 points are defined and instructions for completion of the DPI Project Milestone: Outline of 10 Strategic Points assignment are provided in “The 10 Strategic Points for the Prospectus, Proposal, and Direct Practice Improvement Project” resource.Using the table located within the Ten Strategic Points Instructions and Template document, complete the table.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.
Don’t wait until the last minute
Fill in your requirements and let our experts deliver your work asap.