Some areas I have seen a break in the chain of infection have been by failing to diagnose a patient with MRSA. I got on shift and went down to see that nobody had gotten the MRSA swab on this patient and so I had finally got it 3 days later after this patient was admitted, and sure enough this patient tested positive for MRSA. I have also had incidents of people not recognizing signs and symptoms of UTI and straight cathed a patient multiple times who it was making worse because they were essentially shoving more bacteria up their urethra. I finally had noticed this patient gradually become more confused and develop a fever and paved the doctor on what had happened and she ordered labs, a UA, and removed the protocol to straight cath. Of course, there are also things like forgetting to wear gloves, masks, proper PPE, and cleaning and sanitizing items.
NRS 427V Week 2 Assignment Benchmark Assignment: Epidemiology Paper
Benchmark Assignment: Hepatitis B Epidemiology Paper Details:
In a written paper of 1,200-1,500 words, apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease.
Struggling to Meet Your Deadline?
Get your assignment on Benchmark Assignment: Hepatitis B Epidemiology Paper done on time by medical experts. Don’t wait – ORDER NOW!
Communicable Disease Selection
Choose one communicable disease from the following list:
- Hepatitis B
Epidemiology Paper Requirements
Include the following in your assignment:
- Description of the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence).
- Describe the determinants of health and explain how those factors contribute to the development of this disease.
- Discuss the epidemiologic triangle as it relates to the communicable disease you have selected. Include the host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. (The textbook describes each element of the epidemiologic triangle).
- Explain the role of the community health nurse (case finding, reporting, data collecting, data analysis, and follow-up).
- Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen and describe how the organization(s) contributes to resolving or reducing the impact of disease.
Benchmark Assignment: Hepatitis B Epidemiology Paper
A minimum of three references is required.
Refer to “Communicable Disease Chain.”
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Don’t wait until the last minute
Fill in your requirements and let our experts deliver your work asap.