Ashford University EDU Cultural Education
Ashford University Cultural Education
Initial Post: The Instructor Guidance for this week describes some of the things you should pay attention to as you read through sections of an important report that documents the efforts of the National Advisory Committee on Creative and Cultural Education (NACCCE), a committee in Britain that created a recommended plan for restructuring the education system to support creativity and cultural education in response to the need for addressing 21st-century skills in school. Read the NACCCE report, All our futures: Creativity, culture and education, focusing specifically on the Creative and Cultural Education (pp. 54-60) and Teaching and Learning (pp. 100-123) section. You might also want to read some of the material presented at the beginning to give you a better understanding of the overall project and the purpose of the report.
As you read through this work, describe some of the specific strategies NACCCE recommends for facilitating creativity skills. Make a list of these strategies for future reference. Once you have a clear picture of the types of educational strategies Robinson believes supports creativity, view the When there is a Correct Answer video This is a short two-minute summary of Dr. Segev’s research on creative drawing with children.
Based on the results of Dr. Segev’s research, describe a situation during your life in which your creativity was either inhibited due to an understanding that whatever you were creating needed to be completed a “correct” way, or encouraged because you were not given such stringent design parameters. Write about this incident in a narrative, storytelling way. Also include in your story a reflection on the NACCCE strategies you listed. Consider how these were either supported or not supported within the scenario you described of the decisions the teacher (or teachers) made regarding the experience. Once you complete your story, post it in the discussion forum. Feel free to be creative with this story. For example, you may want to try Storybird, which is a digital storytelling platform (free accounts are available to students and teachers). If you use a web-based technology to create your story, be sure to post a link to it in your post.
Struggling to Meet Your Deadline?
Get your assignment on Ashford University Cultural Education Assignment done on time by medical experts. Don’t wait – ORDER NOW!
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER!!! Ashford University Cultural Education
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.
Don’t wait until the last minute
Fill in your requirements and let our experts deliver your work asap.